Sunday, September 13, 2009

Gather Ye Poopbags, While Ye May...

That is what popped into my head Friday night as we ran our return route home.  You see, HotRod poops alot, so I just bag them and leave them there along the road.  I pick them up, one at a time, as we go back over the same ground. After all...who wants to run through the neighborhood with 3 bags of fresh dog poop? I checked with Patience just to be sure it wasn't a line I had read on one of her "poop blogs", and she didn't think so.  I heard it in my head just as Robin Williams quoted the real words in "Dead Poet's Society".  Just a little surreal, but funny (at least to me).

There was one really excellent moment on the run.  It was a run 10 minutes/walk 1 minute x2, and then run 8 more minutes.  After the second 10 I exclaimed to HotRod, "the last one is JUST an 8!!  Can you imagine?  Three weeks ago I thought running for 8 minutes was a huge task sitting out there ahead of me...and now it was just an 8.  Wahooooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment