Tuesday, September 22, 2009

5 Days until my first 5k...

How did it ever get here this fast?  I can really feel the difference in strength when I run, but it does not feel like it has been 5 weeks since I started this little adventure.  I have not yet run 3.1 miles, but with the adrenaline and all the people cheering us on I am hoping I can run the whole distance without too much trouble.  Even if I have to walk a minute in the middle I will feel like I accomplished something big.  I am really looking forward to seeing all my friends this weekend as well.  They will be running the 1/2 marathon - at least some of them will, and it should be a great couple of days.

W6/D1  That was yesterday...Week 6 Day 1.  I ran 16 minutes/walked 1 minute/ran 13 minutes.  Not too bad.  I was at a big whippet racing event last weekend, and I still managed to get my run in while everyone was at lunch on Sunday.  I was pretty proud of myself. 

I won't be running like this on Sunday, but I will hold that feeling in my head to keep me going.

No comments:

Post a Comment