Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Week 2 / Day 1

Things start to get a bit more serious this week.  I go from running 2 minutes/walking 1 repeated 10 times Monday, to running 6 minutes/walking 1 minute repeated 6 times, then running 2 more minutes by Friday.  Sunday is a day of rest every week.  Yay!

W2/D1 (week 2/day 1) went pretty well last night.  I was huffing & puffing by about rep 7 or 8, but nothing hurt.    The most exciting part - at least to me - is that more running means more eating!  I found out last week that I really do have to eat more, especially in the late afternoon if I want to be able to accomplish what I have set out for myself.  I had started healthier eating habits earlier this year, so that is a big help too.  I am eating the right kinds of foods at the right time of day to fuel the machine.

I'm still digging the new sports bra and fancy running shoes.  I did have to add a second sock on my left foot in order for it to fit the way I like, but that was easy enough to do.

I have attached HotRod to my waist now, and it is taking him a while to get used to it.  He has found that it is not nearly as easy to go pee on something when he has to move me to do it.  It is much easier on me since I have both hands free to run - but can still grab him quickly and easily should that be necessary.  You can get "real" skijoring equipment to make this set up work, but I just use the shoulder strap from an old duffle or camera bag around my waist and it works just fine. 

Below is a link to skijoring equipment for anyone who is interested in the set-up.
http://www.ultrapaws.com/skijorin_sizing.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment