Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Do you know what a PE is?

Well...I had one Monday morning.  It is a pulmonary embolism, which in layman's terms is a blood clot or clots in the lungs.  It most likely started as a post surgery complication, and the clot went from my left leg up thru the right side of my heart to the lungs.  Thank God my roommate had the day off and her dogs went crazy because they could see me staggering around the driveway trying to go in to work.  Instead we went to the ER where a CT scan showed the problem.  I went directly to ICU Monday morning, and moved to a step down unit last night.  Looks like I will be here at least through Friday.  They will not let me go home until I have 2 coumadin readings of at least 2.  I will most likely be moved to the general floor tonight or tomorrow.

I have tons of friends and family sending me well wishes and visitors are coming by to entertain me.

Here is a pic of me and Ceannie taken just before I moved out of ICU.  He really kept me laughing!  More later...for now it is time to eat my breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment