Saturday, August 14, 2010

Day 6 in the Hospital...

I had anticipated going home today, but my coumadin (anti-coagulant) level dropped below the magic number of 2.0 to 1.9.  It needs to be 2.0 for two days in a row, so I could be here another two stinking days.  Luckily for me the food isn't bad and the nurses are all great.  I trust my Doc, so will listen to whatever he tells me and follow the rules...which will include eating the right foods and steady exercise.


I had a bit of a bad day yesterday - couldn't breath as well as nausea and a headache.  I guess I was due since I haven't felt all that bad since the initial episode on Monday.  I slept most of the afternoon and felt a lot better around 5:00 PM.




I need to get up and walk around the halls...and get a shower!  I am feeling & smelling a bit funky today.  I have a fairly plush private room with a view of Mount Rainier, but I would trade it all for a few licks from my dog, HotRod.  He is going to be so excited when I get home that I will need to protect myself a little.  He likes to run straight at you and then center punch you in the gut with his front paws.

No comments:

Post a Comment