Friday, August 20, 2010

Back at work part time...

I have almost made it through 4 partial days at work, and really only had one where I wasn't feeling well.  Now I just need to get used to the fact that I can't walk fast, can't lift much, have to use a cane, and will occassionally breathe really hard. 

My family and friends have been fantastic throughout this experience so far, and I don't expect that to change.  It is a little like having a bunch of Moms telling me what I need to get done and to take it easy.  It is such a big mental transition from being able to just get up and go - and go quickly - and now moving at a snails pace and running out of energy fairly quickly.  I am also very independent and not at all used to asking for help.  My Moms are helping me get over that as well. Ü

I have to set up appointments with a primary physician, my surgeon, a hematologist, and a cardiologist, as well as the anticoagulation clinic.  I am going to be pretty darn busy with Doctors for the forseeable future.  I also ordered a medic alert bracelet that says I'm on coumadin, and am going to ask my Doctor to sign so I can get a temporary handicapped parking placard.  It nearly did me in when I went to Costco the other day!

I probably have not been as good about taking care of my knee...from the surgery that started all of this - so I really need to start some sort of rehab, but of course that will affect my coumadin level.  Oh Well.  At least I know what I will be doing for the rest of the Summer and into Fall.

That's all for now.  I'll just keep on keeping on!

Here is a link to the bracelet I ordered - not your plain old medic alert type:
http://www.roadid.com/Common/default.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment