Saturday, March 20, 2010

Not my best week...

I have been feeling very tired lately and started experiencing some hypoglycemic type symptoms which have steadily worsened.  On Tuesday I took a walk with my dogs and about halfway out the shakiness, twitching muscles, cold sweats, and extreme lethargy took over.  It really scared me because I was kind of stumbling along and so tired I just wanted to lay down on the sidewalk and go to sleep.  Normally I can eat and it will get better, but this time it did not.  The next morning I still felt awful, so called my Doctor's office and spoke to a consulting nurse.  After hearing my symptoms she asked when I had been diagnosed as a Diabetic...I haven't been I said.  She then became pretty concerned and worked a way to get me in that morning, while sending me to get blood drawn for testing so I could eat. 

For the last 24 hours I have been hooked up with a Holter Monitor (a portable EKG), and unfortunately none of my sypmptoms have shown up.  Kind of like taking your car in so they can listen to some odd noise - and the noise doesn't show up while you are there.  Hopefully it will have picked up something that can help, because my glucose level came back within the normal range - 77.  I don't know if they ran the A1c test, but I'm thinking that would be most helpful in discovering what my normal level is.

Needless to say I have not been running, but we have still taken our walk at lunch every day. 

Today I feel pretty good, so I have to be happy with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment