Saturday, February 27, 2010

Baby Steps...

Today I started training again ~ going back to the very beginning ~ where I started last August.  It was beautiful during our walk/jog today and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I did very little jogging, but I can't afford to rush my workouts and chance hurting myself again.  I also set up my bicycle resistance trainer and took my first "ride" in the house.  This is going to be so good for my knees and overall fitness level which I know is so very important.  The knees feel pretty good several hours after our walk and that is encouraging. 

I bought a coupler for my dogs and used it for the first time today.  What I was looking for was a bungee leash and coupler, but the one I ended up buying worked well ~ HotRod gets to correct Anneke instead of me and that is a good thing.  She has no choice but to stay up with him.

I am excited to see where I will be in 8 weeks.  I am still signed up for the half in Vancouver on May 2nd ~ but I do not believe I can get into that kind of shape in time.  Either way I will be there supporting my friends who may be running the full marathon for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment