Friday, January 22, 2010

The strangest thing happened this week...

I have had nerve pain in my right arm and hand for 6 years, along with a pinched nerve in my neck.  My hand was often very weak and shaky - at times I would drop things because I just couldn't hold onto them.  Well, one morning this week I woke up and did the usual stretch my hands wide open and then clenched...and there was no pain...there was no swelling!  Oh the blessed relief from pain.  The pain and swelling started to return a few hours later, but I was still happy.  I tried to figure out if I had done anything different the night before and I had.  While sitting on my bed I had stretched my right hand over behind my head and grabbed the head board.  I kept it there for quite a while because it actually felt kind of good.  Somehow this must have re-aligned something so the nerve was no longer being pinched.  So...I tried it again the next night, and my hand and arm have been pretty good ever since - not 100% - but I can definitely live with it.  The pinch in my neck is back to hurting right now because I am sitting all hunched over and stressed at work, but that will improve at 5:00 PM when I leave for the weekend. 

It's Friday, the sun is shining, and I can get some runs in over the weekend.  What could be better than this?

No comments:

Post a Comment