Friday, January 8, 2010

Slow Recovery...

Still trying to recover from whatever illness I had over the holidays.  Still congested and coughing, but up on my feet and going to work.  Was amazingly tired the first couple days back, but am feeling better now - of course it is Friday and the weekend is only a few hours away. 

I have not yet starting running or even serious walking, but I am taking the dogs for walks at lunch time as weather permits.  I think we walked around a mile every day this week.  This should be multiplied by 3 since I want to go one way, HotRod wants to go another, and Anneke either goes a different way or refuses to move at all.  It's a good workout for legs AND arms I must say.  It's not much, but it is a start and I am feeling better every day. 

I also set my computer so it tells me to Drink More Water! every hour.  So far it is working.  Hydration is one of my real downfalls, so I will really have to work at it to keep it going.  HotRod saved me from eating something I shouldn't on Wednesday night.  I took a handfull of pink & white animal cookies and put them on the counter.  I walked away to do something else first after making sure they were far enough back on the counter.  I didn't have anything to worry about because Anneke is too short and HotRod has never stolen food before...well that's all over now.  He ate all but 1.  I was a little disappointed, but knew he did me a big favor. :0) 

I must start my workouts in earnest soon, since the Vancouver half marathon is May 2nd!  Stay tuned to see how I respond to having that little carrot out there in the near future!!

No comments:

Post a Comment