Monday, October 26, 2009

I ran my 2nd 5k and lived to tell the tale...

The weather was suppose to be 90% chance of showers, but thankfully the rain held off until later in the day.  I may be forced to admit that if I am going to run during the winter months I will need to wear a warm hat.  I really HATE wearing hats - I don't have good hair for it.



The run was held in Kirkland Washington @ Marina Park.  This is a really beautiful place to run as the view is of Lake Washington and the surrounding areas.  The vendors and speakers were all under the building in the background of the above picture.

I must admist that I was apprehensive at the start of the race.  I have been having breathing issues, and was worried my lack of training would make it worse - especially since the air was so cold.  I started to have trouble in the first mile, and then settled in to a slightly easier pace and it wasn't so bad.  I did get a cramp in my lower left leg about 1/2 way through, but was able to work through and keep going.  It hurt like a bugger when I finished, but today it's very minor.  In the end I was only 1 minute slower than my first 5k, which I think is a victory given the stress of the last 4 weeks.  Now I am thinking of walking the half marathon, November 29th, as part of the Seattle Marathon.  I know I am not in condition to run that distance yet, but I know I can walk it.  Hopefully I can talk a few friends into doing it with me.   

I am going to my Doctor to have my breathing issues checked out on Wednesday.  Hopefully it is just something very minor.  I shouldn't be huffing and puffing after 10 weeks of training that's for dang sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment