Saturday, September 25, 2010

What a week...

This week was very tiring.  I had 3 different Doctor's appointments on 3 different days...and I still had my head cold.  We also had a very stressful business meeting in the office on Friday, which had everyone on edge. 

The Cardiologist doesn't want me to ramp up my exercise program until I have another echocardiogram which will happen in 2 weeks.  This is fine with me.  I am currently riding my stationary bike in the evenings, and taking little walks with my dog.  The anti-coagulation clinic moved my blood testing from once a week to once every 2 weeks - and that is a good thing!

Today I had an appointment at the Y to learn my workout routine and get used to the machines.  I am looking forward to really being able to work out hard, but for now slow and steady wins the race. 

My knee is feeling so much better in the last few days, but my surgeon would have liked to see my recovery a little bit further along.  But...I missed one full week while in the hospital, and it took another week or so to have the energy to do much of anything.  I go back in another month and hopefully that will be it. 

No appoinments next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment