Monday, July 26, 2010

Tomorrow is the big day...

Tomorrow's surgery was just moved out from 9:30 to 11:15, with a check in time of 10:00 AM.  My anxiety level is increasing and I am worried about my mobility afterward.  I could be on crutches for up to 12 weeks if they go ahead and do the microfracture surgery.  That is going to be very difficult...but could aid in my weight loss program.
Saturday a CPM machine was delivered to the house and I will need to use it 6-8 hours per day, and it has been rented for 21 days.  The guy who delivered it thought I would most likely need it for 10-12 days only.  CPM = Continuous Passive Motion, and it will keep the leg and joint moving and over time increase the degree of flexion so I have my full range of motion when all is said and done.   Below is my machine of torture...


I will let you know how I am doing as soon as I am able.

No comments:

Post a Comment