Friday, December 4, 2009

Jingle All The Way...

I signed myself up for another 5k today.  I will be doing the Jingle Bell Run for Arthritis on December 13th in Seattle.  This one should be fun ~ they give you bells to wear on your shoes and encourage people to dress up in Christmasy costumes.  I think I will have to wear reindeer antlers at the very least ~ or a Santa hat.  I'm sure I'll figure something out.

Arthritis is something that has hit my family quite a lot.  My Mom's fingers are all gnarled and painful, and I have several joints that are becoming that way too ~ as does my sister.  I'm sure my hands will probably end up the same.  She used to play the piano so beautifully, and was always doing some sort of needlework or crafty thing.  That is no longer possible. 

So I will run for my Mom, and everyone else who is facing pain from arthritis.  This one isn't about time, it's about having a good time and raising money for a good cause!  Hopefully I can get a few people to jump on the donation bandwagon and I can raise some good money.

No comments:

Post a Comment