Friday, August 12, 2011

Now What Should I do?

Now that I have the whole embolism thing behind me what should I do to keep in shape?  I have decided running is not good for my health...so that's out.  I have been walking a few miles a night with my dog, but the knee isn't quite  ready for pounding yet - I have a tendency to walk really fast and my foot falls are very hard.  The last 3 nights I have been riding my bicyle indoors on a trainer.  That is great for my knee - but quite boring.  I try to visualize the route I would be taking outdoors, but I always jump ahead and then skip over some parts. Riding a bike is the best thing for my knee, so I think this will be my participation sport of choice. 

A friend loaned me a bike that I can use - or buy if I like it well enough.  I did ride it one day and nearly killed myself.  I ride like a little kid who just had the training wheels taken off! I was all over the road, afraid to go fast, and if I turned my head that is the way I went.  YIKES!  All the little kids in the neighborhood were laughing at me.  Oh well, hopefully with practice I will be able to ride like an adult in the near future.

In the meantime I have started (re-started) a healthy eating regimine.  I am actually eating vegetables (Oh the Horror) and lots of fruit.  I just got one of those magic bullet type blenders and made a fruit smoothie last night.  That was fabulous! 

I know, I know!  I have started and re-started the whole exercise/healthy eating thing many times in the last several years.  But you gotta give me credit for coming back to it when I fall off the wagon.

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment