Friday, November 19, 2010

It's official...

I have sleep apnea.  I have now gone to the second overnight sleep study - which is where they have you wear the CPAP machine so they can fit the mask and determine the proper air pressure.  I had no trouble with the mask, but my stupid chronograph watch alarm started going off about 1:30 AM and continued about every 10 minutes.  I would just get to sleep and then beep beep beep.  I would turn it off and then it would beep beep beep again.  Finally the voice in the ceiling told me to take the watch off and she would come take it away from me.  How embarrassing.  Of course sleeping after that was even more difficult. 

Now I am just waiting for my Doc to call in the prescription to a company that supplies durable medical goods and I can get started being a "hose head".  I don't care - I just want to feel better and have more energy.  That will help me get back on a good exercise schedule too. 

Stay tuned for more exciting details...

Happy Turkey Day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment